Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day One of SEOUC

Craig Shallahamer gave the keynote on "A Day in the Life of an Oralce User Process", it was fun and informative. At lunch Charles Garry of Oracle gave a keynote on "Lowering your IT Costs" a discussion of using Oracle 11g Grid technology to lower the cost of computing. He also gave me a great shout out for my presentation.

The first day went great. I gave both of my presentations and got great reviews (as far as I could tell!) I had 25 attendees in my first presentation and about a dozen in my second and for this size conference those are pretty good numbers, especially considering the change of day and time for the second presentation. Since this is a regional/local conference many people leave before the last presentation of the day to beat rush hour and unfortunately that was the slot my second presentation was moved to. But that is OK. The attendees for both the first and second talk asked a lot of good questions and seemed very interested in the technologies discussed.

Today will be just a booth day with Ric and I there until 1:45 to answer questions and talk with folks. After that it is bundle back up into the car and head back to Alpharetta. Next stop: Road Show San Jose, so see you there!

Mike Ault

No comments:

Post a Comment